Pack a crunchy, healthy granola bar for a treat in your child’s lunch box, serve as an
after-school snack or even crumble them over yoghurt for breakfast. This easy recipe
adds energy, protein and a fibre punch, as well as essential nutrients including iron
magnesium and zinc essential to help boost and support the immune system and for
growth. Plus, they’re cow milk-free and great for children with cow milk sensitivity.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 35-40 minutes
Makes 16-18 bars
4 cups Rolled oats
¼ cup Kabrita Instant Full Cream Goat Milk Powder, unprepared
¼ cup Brown sugar
¼ – ½ tsp Salt
½ cup Sunflower seeds
½ cup Pumpkin seeds
¼ cup Hemp seeds
¼ cup Chia seeds
½ cup Dried cranberries
½ cup Canola seed oil
½ cup Maple syrup
2 tsp. Vanilla essence or extract
¼ cup Water
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. 2. Combine dry ingredients rolled oats, Kabrita Instant Full Cream
Goat Milk Powder, brown sugar, salt, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds and chia
seeds, into a large bowl.
3. Whisk wet ingredients – Canola oil, maple syrup, vanilla and water in a separate bowl.
4. Combine wet mixture into dry mixture, stirring until evenly mixed.
5. Pat down evenly onto a baking sheet. 6. Bake 35-40 minutes at 160°C, rotating the pan
7. Cut into bars while cooling, let cool completely and enjoy! 8. Store in an air-tight container.
VARIATIONS • Add ½ cup of mini dark chocolate chips (can exclude the sugar).
Yummy Granola Bars SA
Energy (kilojoules) 1007 Protein 4.5g Carbohydrate 25g Of which sugar 12.7g Total fat 12.2g Of which Saturated fat
1.6g Dietary fibre 4.3g Total sodium 88mg Vitamin B1 0.2mg Iron 2.6mg Magnesium 58mg . Zinc 1.2mg