This recipe is one of our favourites.
We love to add chilled brewed tea to our smoothies, adding the health benefits of tea to the nutrition in Kabrita Instant Full Cream Goat Milk Powder, the fruit and seeds. One glass packs a protein and fibre punch, together with one- fifth of your calcium requirements for the day.
Rooibos is packed with antioxidants, vitamin C from the fruit and various minerals that help give your immune system a much needed boost. Kabrita Instant Full Cream Goat Milk Powder and hemp seed adds protein power.
Plus, it’s cow milk-free and great for adults and children with a cow milk sensitivity.
Give it a try! It may soon become your favourite smoothie too!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Makes 2 servings
400ml of water
2 Rooibos teabags
50g Kabrita Instant Full Cream Goat Milk Powder
2 Peaches – large, ripe & peeled
1 tablespoon Chia seeds
1 tablespoon Hemp seeds
10 ml Honey, optional
6-8 ice cubes
- Boil the water and use the 2 rooibos teabags to brew 400ml of rooibos tea.
- Cool down the rooibos tea (suggestion: make the tea the night before and put it in the fridge to chill overnight).
- Combine all ingredients except the ice cubes in a blender.
- Blend on high until fully liquefied.
- Optional: add ice cubes one at a time and blend until fully incorporated.
- Pour into a glass, serve & enjoy!
Nutrition facts per smoothie
|Of which total sugar||22.5g|
|Of which Saturated fat||5.6g|
References: MRC Foodfinder3 program, Kabrita Instant Full Cream Goat Milk Powder, food labels, analysis excludes honey.